Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm not one for publicity. I do not like cameras, sketches or gossip. It's all very icky to me. But, I concede that I'm now officially closing on the thin line between chubby and fat. Since I've now had my second abnormal cat-scan of my heart and lungs come back, I decided it's time to make a few changes in my home and life. I've cut out caffeine, sugar where I can, I buy everything low-no-or light fat, unless it's diet it does'nt come into my home. Low carbs have eliminated a lot of snack food in the home. Joe is not going to be happy without his energy drinks, but he'll live.

My doctor has given me the go ahead to start jogging again. If you don't recall, I had been on a program and was doing well until I fractured my ankle in a fall. I declined to have the surgery. So, obviously I will have a few physical barriers and will need to start slow. But if you ask me, this is just stupid. I need to lose some serious weight.

You will find a ticker that will update every week, counting down every miserable pound. My goal is to reach 135. We'll see. Admitting my weight for all to see...how many women do that?

2 comments:

Linda Bennett said...

Good for you! It will be much easier to get off a few pounds than to wait and have to get rid of a whole bunch. I'm glad things are going well again for you guys. You got your 3 strikes out of the way so it should be smooth sailing for awhile now!

Brewer's Ink said...

You're a brave woman! Good job! We're proud of you, and will be applauding you every inch of the way.